Tips For Healthy Change
Personal change and growth can happen in many, many ways and in my recent blog post I wrote 76 Tips For Healthy Change One Step At A Time! https://wendybottrell.weebly.com/blog/76-tips-for-healthy-change-one-step-at-a-time . In this post, I simply listed the 76 ideas to help you consider making changes in your life. These are the healthy habits and practices I have created in my life during my health quest so far! Today we will dig deeper and help you with 5 Detailed Tips For Healthy Change For Your Best Life
What I have found to date is that improving how I feel daily definitely translates into how I go into the world. If I feel lousy then my interactions with my world are lousy and if I feel great my view of the world is great. Have you found that to be true for yourself?
Over the last couple of months and years, I have been fortunate to spend much of my time listening and learning to many experts in the health, medical, natural and fitness fields share their ideas for a better lifestyle through positive, practical change.
It is empowering to listen and realize that making small daily changes doesn’t have to be difficult or challenging and everyone can do it if they set their mind to it.
Today, I will share a few of the ideas with more information that might be a helpful place for you to start if you are interested.
1. Hydrate Well - “Did you know that You are not just what you eat; you are what you drink. This is why water is so important to your health. Water is the basis of all life and that includes your body. Your muscles that move your body are 75% water; your blood that transport nutrients are 82% water; your lungs that provide your oxygen are 90% water; your brain that is the control center of your body is 76% water; even your bones are 25% water. If you are committed to a healthy lifestyle, make drinking enough natural water a habit in your life. It won’t take long for you to feel the benefit. It is a free investment for your long-term health. How much water to drink daily for normal hydration: determine your body weight and divide by 2 and drink that many ounces daily.” – Dr. F.Batmanghelidj
2. Eat Real Life-Affirming Food – Food definitely plays a role in our health both Good & Bad depending on what you eat. Eating Real Food, Organic is best. These foods are alive and nutrient-dense. Creating a positive relationship with Real Food for your better health. Take the time to learn how to cook, become an expert in feeding you and your family. Learn 3 new recipes until you are an expert then learn 3 more. Do this until you have a full repertoire of recipes for your meals. By learning how to create wonderful home-cooked real-life-affirming food meals you will eliminate the nutrient-void, highly processed foods. “Food is a key component to feel good.” – Adam Hart
3. Move Well & Move daily – you have heard that sitting is the new heart disease, right? Well now is the time to move well and move daily. In fact, the human body is designed to move. Walking is a great place to begin, and this is something you can do for at least 20 minutes a day. What we know for sure is that walking is the link to living a healthy and vibrant life. We believe walking inspires the mind, activates the body, and nourishes the soul. You will also want to do strength training a few times a week. Resistance training either with free weights or bodyweight. Resistance training is vital to longevity and lifestyle independence. It is also important for weight loss because muscle burns more fat than long boring cardio and is better for your overall health. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body but also the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity” – John F. Kennedy
4. Sleep Well – sleep is seen as a throwaway commodity, lack of sleep causes many health problems. I heard Robb Wolfe say – “if people just went to sleep earlier most illness would just go away.” The goal for sleep is 7-9 hours per night, the best time to go to bed is 10:30 pm. Begin to prepare to Sleep Well first thing in the morning and get outdoors for a morning walk, eliminate caffeine intake after 12 noon each day, eat well for dinner and practice eating at least 3 hours before going to be and get in the habit of at least an hour before you are going to be to begin dimming the lights, closing electronic equipment. Sleep is important for weight control, reducing stress & emotional eating.
5. Learn to play more - Stress, stress and more stress does not make for a happy life! We must learn how to get out and play more. Play brings joy. And it’s vital for problem solving, creativity and relationships. I have read somewhere and am not sure who wrote it however it is worth sharing here with you: “play can lead us to these sacred spaces and touch people in powerful ways.” Now, this is a reason to play don’t you think?
I can share with you today that I am a different person, feeling, thinking and being at a different level because of small changes I have committed to practice over the last 20 years. Now I only share these ideas today for lifestyle transformation to let you know that anything possible for you if you clearly want it. One step at a time, one idea at a time.
If you are looking for a change, here is what I will offer you in the way of an action step: take one of these healthy ideas and commit to making the change permanent in your life no matter how long it takes. Then take another idea and repeat. It really is that simple for you!
Would be great to hear your ideas for lifestyle transformation in the comments area below.
What we know for sure is that walking is the link to living a healthy and vibrant life. We believe walking inspires the mind, activates the body, and nourishes the soul.
Be sure to sign up here for the FREE Walking Challenge - Join our Free Walking Challenge here - This is appropriate for all fitness levels, though it is tailored to beginners. You will also get a tip a day, which gives you a little more insight into how to walk, what to wear, going outside or using the treadmill, and even journal entries about your experience. Be sure to sign up here for the FREE Walking Challenge
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
If you want to know who we are and what we believe in check us out here http://wendybottrell.com
Our Holistic Coaching and health and fitness products are here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!