Get Active & Stay Healthy For Your Best Life
The other day I was listening to a podcast with Sadhguru about the idea to stay active to stay healthy. Interesting person if you want to check him.
“Health is Life’s Way” – Sadhguru
This is one of the first things he talked about. We are supposed to live healthily and somewhere along the path, we forgot about this. Or maybe we have listened to the wrong experts.
In our Holistic Lifestyle training, we learn about the 6 Pillars of Health – Thinking Well, Moving Well, Eating Well, Sleeping Well, Good Hydration, Playing Well.
“Only by using the body, you can keep it well.” - Sadhguru and “The more you use it the better it gets.” – Sadhguru
Humans were at least 20 times more physically active 200 years ago than humans today. Most people today are underactive and struggle with health issues.
For those humans from 200 years ago that was 20 times more active we might suggest they take a rest for their good health.
Today the suggestion is we must use our body to keep them well. Moving more and moving more consistently is vital today for good health.
For your best physical health, you must, therefore, use your body more each and every day. This is simple.
Sadhguru went to say – “One of the simplest things about health is just to use the body.” And – “If you sufficiently use the body, the body has everything to create health for itself.”
Imagine if we just used our bodies the way they are meant to be used about 80% of ailments on this planet would just disappear according to Sadhguru. 80%
Now, the other 20% can be broken down to 10% of the food choices we make every day. The final 10% of ailments would remain.
“Out of all the sick people if 90% of them became healthy just by using their body and eating the right foods the 10% could be easily handled”. Sadhguru
Think about it this way. If you were to just use your body and move every day of a month you would see how well it works.
The idea is to practice moving well, thinking well, eating well, sleeping well, hydrating well and playing well and your health will come out of that practice. The challenge for most people is they quit way too soon.
“Health is not an idea, it’s not a medical idea” and the thing to realize “we are living in societies where we have built unhealthy lifestyles causing so many medical interventions.”
Because of our sedentary lifestyles, poor diets and lack of good sleep people are becoming more and more unhealthy
Some final words from Sadhguru,
• “Health is not something that you invent”
• “Health is not your idea”
• “Health is life happening well”
• “Health is life’s way”
• “If you allow life to function fully it is healthy”
So, I really found this information to be powerful, simple and I have have included some simple ideas to practice daily for your healthy lifestyle.
• Begin the practice of moving your body every day – begin by simply getting outside for a walk – Do this for 30 days and see how this practice makes you feel. And remember we can do anything for 30 days. Use this first 30 days to practice the habit of moving well. Once you have achieved that do another 30 days and repeat. You will be surprised what will happen for you with this healthy movement practice
• Begin the practice of eating well. Eat real food that you prepare in your own kitchen. Find the joy in making meals at home knowing exactly what you are eating to nourish your mind and body for your best healthy lifestyle
• Begin the practice of thinking well. Begin noticing what kind of thoughts you are having with yourself. A simple idea I learned a few years ago is to start by telling yourself – “I Am Enough” – This is a powerful thought that can be lifechanging according to Marisa Peer. Allow yourself to think that you are enough to feel healthy. Think that you are enough to eat the best food possible for you and know that organic is always best. Think you are enough to allow yourself to think good thoughts each and every day for your best life
• Begin the practice of hydrating well. Drink clean filtered water each and every day. Eliminate all the junk sugary drinks including pop, juice, energy drinks etc.
• Begin the practice of getting good sleep. Sleep is the forgotten or ignored pillar of health. Many people use their sleep deprivation as a badge of honour. Get to bed earlier, 10:30 PM is a good time to be in bed, sleep in a dark, cool room.
• And finally begin to practice playing well. As adults, we forget that it is OK for us to enjoy time doing the things that bring us joy. If you haven’t played well in a while this is an opportunity to try new things that you have wanted to do for a while.
Now you don’t have to do all of these things at once. Start with moving well and because most of us eat 2-3 times per day practice eating well with at least one real food meal in this first 30 days.
Practice this for 30 days and once you have the practice and habit of moving well and eating at least one real food meal a day add a new practice. And repeat.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Be sure to get in touch with us if we can help you
Subscribe to our newsletter here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!