December is Fitness month and today we want to help you learn why to get fit for your best life.
It has been over twenty-five years since I got back into a consistent fitness practice that has changed my life. You see way back then I was struggling with multiple autoimmune issues, low energy, poor eating habits and I was about 100 lbs overweight. Life was just not fun. The night I was called to the hospital because my mother had a fall and broke her hip and had to have surgery to replace her hip was a big message for me to make changes in my life. That was the night I realized without a doubt that if I didn’t begin to make changes in my life, I was going to be my mother in twenty years with huge catastrophic health issues. The next morning, I began my health and fitness journey. And there is not one day that I am not grateful for that moment.
Getting and staying fit is a great way to boost your energy level. When you start exercising regularly you will notice a difference in how you feel within just a few days. Increased energy leads to more physical stamina and this helps make your daily chores more manageable. You will find that you are not as tired and that you feel better and happier for no apparent reason at all or at least this has been my experience.
Being active and getting fit also benefits your concentration levels and as well as helping you to sleep better at night. If you find you don’t sleep solidly try walking for 20 minutes each day in the morning sunshine. You will find that you start sleeping more soundly.
Exercise also helps to relieve stress. If you feel as though you may be suffering from anxiety or depression starting an exercise practice can really help.
Exercise has another huge benefit and that is of impacting your health as you age. By making time to stay fit and healthy now you are reducing your chances of developing heart disease, Type II diabetes, obesity to name a few.
Leading a healthy lifestyle as we get older helps to minimize potential bone loss that could lead to osteoporosis and arthritic conditions. In addition, you will find that you are more mobile and your joints aren’t as stiff and achy as older people who do not exercise.
Here are the top reasons to get fit and healthy as you age:
• Helps you maintain a good weight
• Keeps your lungs and heart strong
• Helps to reduce stress
• Helps to prevent and fight heart disease
• Helps you sleep better at night
• Helps improve memory and brain function
When we talk about exercise, we don’t mean you have to train for a marathon or a bodybuilding competition.
Small amounts of exercise are beneficial, and this includes things like:
• Taking a daily 20-minute walk (best done in the morning sun)
• Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
• Walking to the corner store
• Parking your car further away from the mall entrance
• Getting off the bus one stop early and walking home
Some great exercises for beginners include:
• Resistance Exercise/Bodyweight Training - We use and recommend The Home Workout Revolution System as a part of any fitness practice. Ideal for home workouts whether you are a beginner all the way to those with advanced training experience. The follow-along videos make this program what we feel is the best part. Learn how to exercise and get fit while you follow along and do the sessions. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions - http://go.earlytorise.net/SH1X
• Swimming including taking aquafit classes
What ways have you found to stay fit? Share your successes in the comments area below!
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
Subscribe to our newsletter here
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!