The 21 Day Walking Challenge
Today we are announcing your special invitation to the 21 Day Walking Challenge here with us for your best fit life. Did you know that walking is the most popular physical activity in the world? And the health benefits of walking are many, for example – benefits the heart, can help lower blood sugar, boosts the immune system, boosts energy, improves mood and extends life to name a few.
In 2017 I began the daily practice of walking and in one year I walked over 3 million steps. It was an amazing experience that I continue to this day. In fact, I just got in from my daily walk. I made a video about my walking and you can find it here https://youtu.be/P7TOf-H_07Q
Over the past few months we have shared ideas to help you with your self-care - https://wendybottrell.weebly.com/blog/archives/06-2021 - live an organic lifestyle - https://wendybottrell.weebly.com/blog/archives/05-2021 - move more and move well - https://wendybottrell.weebly.com/blog/archives/04-2021 - and a disciplined mindset - https://wendybottrell.weebly.com/blog/archives/03-2021.
This month we invite you to join the 21 Day Walking Challenge For Your Best Life.
The purpose of the walking challenge is to help you move from learning about how to improve your health and fitness to taking action.
Welcome to the walking challenge. Let’s get started.
• The first challenge for you is - List all the reasons why you want to start a walking challenge.
Knowing your WHY is the most important first step. I learned many years ago that your Why is 95% of success and how is the remaining 5%. Do this first challenge today and you are well on your way to succeeding at improving your health and fitness. We wrote about clarifying your WHY here - https://wendybottrell.weebly.com/blog/three-solid-tips-to-win-with-your-health-fitness-goals
Be sure to get in touch with us and let us know your questions as well as anything specific on how we can help you.
Day 1: The Proper Walking Technique
The idea of this challenge over this month is to help you will gradually increase your walking speed from 15 minutes (today) to 45 minutes (on day 21). The speed goes up just a little bit every day or so, so it is a very easy transition.
This is appropriate for all fitness levels, though it is tailored to beginners. You will also get a tip a day, which gives you a little more insight into how to walk, what to wear, going outside or using the treadmill, and even journal entries about your experience.
Before we get started, here is today’s walk:
Your Walk Today: 15 minutes long
Today’s Tip: Learn the Proper Walking Technique
For the first week of the challenge, you are going to be increasing your walking time from 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Sounds easy, right? That’s because it is!
Today’s tip is all about using the right walking technique. The way you walk makes a lot bigger difference than you might think, from your posture, to what you look at.
Roll Your Foot From Heel to Toe
This may be something you have never thought about. Stand up and just walk a few steps forward, turn around, then walk back. Which part of your foot landed on the ground first? When you go for a walk, you must be rolling your feet starting with the heel touching ground first, and your toes being the last to touch, then lift off the ground.
If you tend to put your entire foot on the ground or walk on your toes, you will experience a lot of foot pain.
Final Walking Tip:
You see, the walking technique is all about good posture. I learned this from the book Chi Walking and the idea is to walk in body alignment using core strength rather than leg strength. You will also learn to listen to your body, release tension where you normally hold it and allow your energy to flow and feel good while out for a walk.
Have fun with your first 15-minute walk!
Be sure to share how your first walk was in the comments below.
Get in touch with us and let us know how we can help you.
Stay in touch with us through our newsletter
Health & Fitness Resources:
If you are looking for a cookbook resource we recommend The Fat Burning Kitchen - Your 24-Hour Diet Transformation to Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine - Why to STOP eating whole wheat bread, vegetable oils, energy bars, or cereals - https://bit.ly/2RzknZP (our affiliate link - now you do not pay more ordering from our link, it simply helps us with a commission that supports our work here)
Turbulence Training Special Offer - But if you take advantage of this opportunity to ditch your cardio and finally start losing weight today, you can receive access for more than HALF OFF, just $27. (Affiliate link - https://bit.ly/3fZeQUk)
Personal Care Products & Healthy Home Products go here https://bit.ly/3upNqxB
Leave a Reply.
We have outsourced our lifestyle for way too long!